Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Batter Up Math Stations

At the end of each school year teachers are feeling the pressure of making sure that their students are successful on their end of the year testing! We have standards based report cards, which is wonderful. However, there is a lot of pressure on the teacher and students to succeed during a time when their attention spans are extremely short! I developed a product that my students LOVE and is common core aligned! We do a baseball theme in my classroom every April as we attend a baseball game for a reading incentive. As part of our baseball unit, I developed math stations that will help my students to be successful for their upcoming report card testing! This product contains six baseball themed stations that include: Homerun Fractions, What a Catch Clock Match, Batter Up Odd and Even Sort, Addition Top-It, Subtraction Top-It, and Grand Slam Money Based Story Problems.

Here are a few pictures of the stations in action in my classroom!



 
 
 
These stations are print and go ready! Simply print off the document and then I laminate them so that I can use them in my classroom for years to come! I store all my stations in gallon sized Zip-Lock bags and have my students write on the lamination with a dry-erase marker! We just did them this morning and my students were incredibly engaged!
 
Click on this link to check them out! Batter Up Math Stations
 


No comments:

Post a Comment